Thursday 19 July 2012

Just a quick update

So I've successfully graduated from my degree course at the Arts University College at Bournemouth with Costume with Performance Design and have now entered the real world. After the insane year I've had with the medieval period, a dissertation and mixing sweets with ballet... real life does sound like sanctuary.

So what can you expect next? Well my biggest news that has just passed is that I have completed my first official job as a costume designer and supervisor for Pavilion Dance South West. I worked with four local break dancing crews and a professional break dancing crew from London for the Olympic Torch Relay in Bournemouth. And guess what.... a little bit of our performance made it on the BBC! I'm awaiting some professional photos and I've been given permission to write a post about my costume journey so watch this space! This post is coming very soon!

My next project will be starting in August where I am Wardrobe Mistress for the Orchard Theatre's Summer Youth Project "Annie" in Dartford. 10 days to costume 175 kids... challenge accepted.

After that... I am not sure what is happening next. However, I still have quite a few custom makes that I ow a couple of people. I haven't forgotten about any of you.... promise! This next stepping stone in my life is very exciting and yet slightly scary at the same time. Bring on the professional madness!


No comments:

Post a Comment